Thursday, November 25, 2010

Day 5: In The Spotlight

Today had to be one of the strangest days I've ever had. I was interviewed by CBC National News for a weight loss program that I ran at work ...2 years ago. I was embarrassed to admit that I had gain everything back and, worse, they filmed me on the scale weighing in at 273lbs. I know I had mentioned on Day 0 that I was 270lbs, but this was a different scale and I was fully clothed. All excuses aside, it was a major disappointment. But at the same time I feel more inspired now than ever.

I can honestly say I'm starting to feel better. I know it will take a while for my shirts to fit better and so that I won't have to suck in to button my jeans, but I feel stronger. My energy today was much higher. I attribute that to eating totally clean throughout the day ...until dinner at 9pm tonight. OK OK, I indulged a little. Curry penne, a glass of red wine and a pint of beer. I admit it ...I caved a little. I can't beat myself up about it ...or maybe I can. Tomorrow is going to be pure punishment. My interval training this morning was done on the stairs. Let me tell you, a stepper in the gym is no match for the real thing. I climbed 500 stairs today and I felt like I was going to collapse. I did 250 steps at a medium pace, followed by a 60 rest, then I tackled the final 250 that almost killed me. Tomorrow I am going to do the stairs twice. 1000 steps! ...better get some rest. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment