Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Day 4: Dealing With Energy Vampires!

In the past this was about the time I would hit the proverbial wall. Proper nutrition is essential at times like these and it doesn't hurt to have a few tricks up your sleeve when it comes to dealing with cravings. My first trick is to drink a large glass of water as fast as I can. I must be tricking the receptors in my stomach because that’s usually enough to distract me from whatever it is that I'm craving at the time. The other trick that works for me is to brush my teeth. I love chocolate ...a lot. But crest flavored chocolate just doesn't do it for me and I'll always pass.

I'm going to step things up tomorrow with H.I.I.T (High Intensity Interval Training). If ou're not familiar with HIIT, it essentially means exercising at a high intensity for a short period, followed by a rest period ..then repeat. I'll share the details of what I am going to do tomorrow. I feel ready for HIIT. My muscles are starting to feel less sore after my workouts so I think that’s a sign that I'm starting to adapt. 

I just finished my workout and it's 11:30pm. Another 14 hour work day that didn't leave me with much time to work out ...but I did it.

My eyes are heavy ...I'm low on energy ...but I've made myself accountable by posting and taking another picture.

"gonna stand my ground, and I won’t back down" - Tom Petty

No comments:

Post a Comment