Saturday, November 20, 2010

Day 0: The Truth Hurts

Let me start off by telling you what this blog is all about.
The purpose of this blog is to document my weight loss journey as I count down the days to my wedding on October 15, 2011.  I will be making myself accountable with daily written entries, pictures, and video to ensure that I follow through. Everyday I will be documenting my workouts, meal plans, my thoughts and feelings as I count down the days to my wedding. My goal ...to be the man she always dreamed of marrying.


So who the heck am I?
My name is Dan Carrol. I recently turned 29 years old, I'm 6'2" and about 270lbs ...ouch!


My Goal: To weigh 200lbs for my wedding and have 9% body fat or less


Those number may seem arbitrary at the moment, and they are, but I need to start somewhere. During my first week I plan to meet with experts in health and fitness to attain my goal and help start me off in the right direction.


The second objective of this blog is to inspire others to do the same. I have learned in the past that to be successful you have to make yourself accountable. Whether it be by using a coach, trainer, family member, or blogging it for the world to see. I believe success helps breed success and I hope my success will inspire people to communicate with me and I will be happy to give back.


This is going to be an ongoing process, not an exact science. But I will have people that are going to help me along the way. My brother, Jeff Carrol, is going to capture the experience on video and document my journey for all to see. With his ability to film and edit we strive to create an experience that is inspirational and exciting to watch.


Tonight I take my BEFORE picture. I feel the need to post a disclaimer here ...this picture ain't gonna be pretty. And it kills me that I am going to post these pictures, but this is what I need to do to light a fire under my ass to get moving and keep moving until I succeed.


328 days ...that's almost 47 weeks that I will commit to accomplishing my goal and it will be broken up into 4, 12 week, phases ...except for the last phase which will be about 11 weeks.


So there you have it.
Wish me luck ...now lets get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment