Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day 43: Back From The Gym

Hey folks. I just thought I would give an update since returning from the gym. It's 1:15am and I am just about to get ready for bed. Tonight, at the gym, I warmed up with 15 minutes on the stepper while maintaining a heart rate of at least 153 bpm which is 80% of my age related max heart rate. (220 - your age).  After that I raced up to the cardo room for front and side lunges, push-ups, stability ball squats, running on the spot and more push-ups. I finished off with abdominal crunches on a stability ball and some stretching.

When I was younger, and in great shape, I used to say to myself, "do as much as you can ...plus 3 more reps". I applied this old strategy again tonight and it made my workout feel 10 times more effective. I may not always get that extra 3 reps done, but I do everything in my power to try.

When I get home I prepare an isolate whey protein shake. Isolate whey, as I'm told, absorbs into your system much faster and protects your existing muscle mass, which is essential in maintaining a high metabolism.

Ok, I've blabbed on long enough.
G'night!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Dan, watched you on CBC last evening. I think blogging about your weight loss journey is fantastic! You have inspired me to lose a couple (okay, alot) of poundage myself.

    Good luck and keep us posted. I'll be checking in everyday for inspiration!


    -Go Dan Go-!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a lot to lose too Kerry. I hope that my daily posts can provide you with some inspiration.
    Thanks so much for your comment. All of this feedback has been amazing and motivating.
    Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete